Real World Applications
Real World Applications for 3D printing has diffidently come a long way in the past few years. From a little known technology, to main steam 3D printing. Well i can say is a journey like no other. The latest in 3D printing technology was once reserved for only the vary high end manufacturers. Well with older patents expiring and open source community such as arduino these technology have become more user friendly. Back to the topic at hand.
Some Real World Applications.
- Aerospace – Construction of a CUBESAT using Additive Manufacturing
- Architecture – Reverse Engineering for Arts / Reverse Engineering of a pseudo-composite Capital
- Automotive – Windform 3D Printing technology customizes the automotive world
- Avio – 1:8 Scale Wind tunnel model of the European Tiltrotor
- Design – EasyStand: The first 3D-Printed Skiboot Prototype in Windform at ISPO 2015
- Marine – Livrea26. Windform makes the 3D-printed yacht reality
- Medical –The new frontier in Generative Orthotics
Watch the video of the Windform 3D printing orthotics
- Motorsports –
- Packaging – Thermoforming and composite materials
- UAV – The construction of an Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) with Additive Manufacturing and Windform materials
- Defence – A Functional Application of RM in a Military Environment
Summing it up.
Well in this journey you will see the latest 3D printing technology making its way in to your lives sooner than later. With laser sintering technology becoming more affordable who knows where the journey will take us.